Breakfast – it’s the most important meal of the day. People are aware of it but they seem to ignore the message. Some say it’s not true, some say they feel better when they just have their favorite orange juice or their cup of coffee. But health experts say that breakfast is what helps your mind focus. It’s what gives you energy. But why do some people still avoid it?
One common reason you’ll hear from people is that their breakfast started to become dull. And rather than having breakfast, they’d rather wait for lunch and enjoy a meal at their favorite restaurant or fast food chain. But actually, people don’t have to feel this way about breakfast. You could enjoy a breakfast by whipping up something healthy and new.
1. If you love having cereals in the morning, don’t go for the usual cereal you eat every day. Try something new; for example, high-fiber cereal. It’s not only delicious, it’s healthy. You can reduce 10 percent fat just by eating it. If you think this is too dull, a good idea is to add up soy milk in it; or half soy milk, half regular milk.
2. Go vegan. A healthy meal should have more protein in it and less fat. You can have this for breakfast by crumbling up tofu and sautéing it, add turmeric for coloring and flavoring, and add soy sauce, cilantro and pepper. You can eat it like this, or add brown rice to it, or spread it over a rye toast.
3. Go organic. It’s the best choice to make when deciding what to eat for breakfast, even for lunch or dinner. Choosing organic has a lot of benefits, which is why a lot of people are shifting their eating habits by going organic. Eggs, vegetables, fruits; always choose organic than factory made.
4. Sweet tooth? You can still satisfy your cravings with sliced strawberries and non-fat yoghurt. Top it off with dark chocolate to make it more interesting. Don’t have your favorite jam each day or your favorite sugar coated bread.
5. Be creative and make a different sandwich. Choose multigrain bagels with low fat cheese, sliced mango, and flaxseeds. For your whole wheat toast, add lemon cream cheese, dill, smoked salmon, or turkey bacon. Use mustard mayo for a better taste.
6. Try international cuisine. If you’re bored of the usual Middle Eastern breakfast, why not try a different cuisine and incorporate it to your own? Try Japanese, or Greek, or Mexican.
7. Spoil yourself. Got a busy day ahead? Don’t rush yourself by eating a banana or drinking an orange juice. Indulge – go for a catered breakfast.